We seek to ensure that all children in our school develop their academic, social and personal potential to the full and grow into competent, tolerant adults who can work together co-operatively, manage their own lives and play their full part as responsible citizens and life-long learners.
St Weonards is a ‘values’ based school. We follow a programme through which, children and adults are inspired to choose their own positive personal, social, moral, cultural and spiritual values and to be aware of ways for developing and deepening them as members of the global as well as their local community.
The KS2 children voted for the following school motto on 8/10/15.
The School motto is –
‘Growing together, learning together’
They chose the school slogan –
Together Everyone Achieves More
The children said that these are the times that we are together:-
Together we – Read
Together we – Learn
Together we – Think
Together we – Play
We will always:-
· We will value one another as unique and special individuals.
· We will respect and care for the environment.
· We will not laugh at or make fun of anyone.
· We will use good manners, saying “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me” and allow others to go first.
· We will listen to each other.
· We will help one another whenever possible.
· We will encourage each other to do our best.
We aim for every child to be given the opportunity to develop their own full potential with attention on the basics of literacy, numeracy and scientific understanding, without which the wider curriculum cannot be developed.